Looking out my window, all I see is snow. It is hard to believe winter hasn’t made it’s official appearance yet. The cold hasn’t been kind to me, especially my poor hair. The single digit temperatures and constant indoor heat, have left me with a dry, frizzy mess. More often then not, I find myself resorting to a dollop of smoothing serum and a quick ponytail. Unfortunately, as we move into the next month, a pony just isn’t going to cut it anymore. December is a busy month for a musician, and I have six concerts booked already. ‘Tis the season for holiday celebrations, so I imagine all of us have a lot going on in the coming month.
I needed to find an easy party-worthy hairstyle that I could pull off quick. So last weekend, I played around with some different looks and, after a few failed attempts, came up with this side fishtail. It’s perfect for me – quick, easy and helps camouflage the bad hair days that seem to be happening more and more often.
Side Fishtail – Holiday Party Hair Tutorial
Here is a simple and quick tutorial for holiday party hair that will get you out of your bathroom and on to the party in no time. Enjoy!
- Part your hair on the side.
- Working from the side opposite the part, separate a section from the crown to just above the ear (the “bangs” section).
- French braid this section until the braid reaches just below the ear.
- Twisting inward, gather all hair into a side pony (including the braid) and secure loosely with a hair band just just below the earlobe.
- Separate the hair in the pony into two sections.
- Pass strands from one section to the other, creating a fishtail braid.
- Slid the hair band to the bottom of the braid and secure tightly.
- For a party ready look, wrap a ribbon around the hair band.
- Finish with hair spray.