Today, I am making chocolate covered pretzels. These would make wonderful, inexpensive gifts!
- Optional: White chocolate
1. Lay out a long piece of wax paper.
2. Place chocolate (I used one bag of Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips) and 1 tablespoon shortening in a microwave-safe bowl.
3. Microwave for 20-30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until chocolate is melted. Note: Be careful not to overheat the chocolate; it will turn hard and be unusable.
4. Drop pretzels into the chocolate. Use a chopstick or similar item to lift the pretzel out and shake off excess chocolate.
5. Lay finished pretzel on the wax paper.
6. Continue until all pretzels are covered.
7. Decorate the pretzels. You can drizzle melted white chocolate or use sprinkles to make you pretzels extra special.
8. Place pretzels in the fridge until they cool and harden.
9. Fill your jar with the finished pretzels and add a decorative ribbon.